Monday, July 27, 2009

I Need a New Irony Meter

Serial liar Sarah Palin, in her farewell address as governor of Alaska, said,

"And first, some straight talk for some, just some in the media because another right protected for all of us is freedom of the press, and you all have such important jobs reporting facts and informing the electorate, and exerting power to influence. You represent what could and should be a respected honest profession that could and should be the cornerstone of our democracy. Democracy depends on you, and that is why, that's why our troops are willing to die for you. So, how 'bout in honor of the American soldier, ya quit makin' things up?"

If I were in the media, I'd say "You first, Sarah."

As it is, my irony meter broke reading that.

1 comment:

Barry said...

You noticed that too.
It also took out my hypocrisy and equine ordure meters.